Catherine N. Cooper, MD, treats diseases of the cervix, removal of benign tumors, diagnoses and treats sexually transmitted infections, chronic inflammatory processes in the pelvis, including using hirudotherapy, selects contraceptive methods, inserts and removes the IUD, performs colposcopy and takes aspirate from the uterus.
- Treatment of cervical diseases: erosion of the uterus, leukoplakia of the uterus, lesion of the uterus of HPV, removal of retention cysts, foci of endometriosis, CO2 treatment (surgical laser), cryodestruction (nitrogen treatment), conservative treatment of the cervix;
- removal of benign lesions (condylomas, papillomas, molluscum contagiosum);
- diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted infections;
- gynecological endocrinology: infertility, miscarriage, treatment of uterine fibroids and endometriosis, benign tumors in the ovaries;
- treatment of chronic inflammatory processes in the pelvis, including with the use of hirudotherapy (treatment with medical leeches);
- individual selection of contraceptive methods, introduction and removal of the IUD;
- colposcopy and removal of aspirate from the uterus.
- University of California-San Francisco
- Houston Methodist Obstetrics and Gynecology Associates (Internship)
- Houston Methodist Obstetrics and Gynecology Associates (Residency)
- Hospital Affiliations
- The Woman’s Hospital of Texas
- Houston Methodist Emergency Care Center at Kirby
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology